The Arabia Felix Games page is provided by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (German Federal Enterprise for International Cooperation, “GIZ”). GIZ is the controller of your personal data processed in connection with your use of this website (“your personal data”).
As GIZ is established in Germany it is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). According to the latter, GIZ must make information about its processing of personal data available to the data subjects. This information is provided to you in this privacy notice.
1. How to contact GIZ
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
GIZ’s data protection officer can be reached at the following e-mail address:
2. Categories of personal data processed
In the following we inform you about personal data that may be automatically processed about you when you use the Arabia Felix Games website (“website”).
2.1. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When visiting the website, the browser used automatically transmits data that is stored in a log file. GIZ itself only processes the data that is technically necessary to display the website correctly and to ensure stability and security.
SSL and/or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as inquiries you submit to us as the website operator, this website uses either an SSL or a TLS encryption program. You can recognize an encrypted connection by checking whether the address line of the browser switches from “http://” to “https://” and also by the appearance of the lock icon in the browser line. If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Every time a user accesses a page of our website, and every time a file is downloaded, that information is stored in a log file.
Among other things, the following data is stored for each access:
· Technical details of the browser used
· The page from which the user was redirected
· Anonymous IP address of the accessing device
· Date and time of the access
· Page opened/name of the file downloaded
· Quantity of data transferred
· Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
The stored data is evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes and then deleted. Data will not be passed on to third parties. The data in the log file is deleted after 14 days.
When visiting the website, small text files, so-called cookies, are stored on the visitor’s computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer.
2.3 Processing of personal data when contacting us
When users contact us, the data provided is processed in order to be able to deal with the inquiry. The following contact options exist:
2.3.1 Contact by e-mail
It is possible to contact GIZ via the e-mail addresses provided. In this case, the user’s personal data (e.g. surname, first name) transmitted by e-mail, or at least the e-mail address, as well as the information contained in the e-mail, will be stored exclusively for the purpose of contacting the user and processing the request.
The legal basis for processing the data that is processed in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR.
2.3.2 Contact by letter
When contacting us by letter, the transmitted personal data (for example: surname, first name, address) and the information contained in the letter are stored for the purpose of contacting us and processing the request.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending a letter is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR.
3. Recipients of personal data
Your personal data is shared with service providers responsible for maintaining the website, a data hosting provider and a web analytics service.
3.1. Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website in order to describe our services to reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
4. Data retention period
Where personal data has been stored about you, it is deleted as soon as it is not needed anymore for the purposes set out above.
5. Data transfers to a third country or an international organization
Your personal data is stored on secure servers in the EU. It will not be transferred to a non-EU country or an international organization. When using social media, the data protection policies of the respective providers apply.
6. IT security of user data
The protection of personal data is an important concern for GIZ. Therefore, technical and organisational security measures ensure that data is protected against accidental and intentional manipulation, accidental deletion and unauthorised access. These measures are updated in line with technical developments and constantly updated to match changes occurring in the risk environment.
7. Data protection rights
You have the following rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
· You may at any time request (1) confirmation if and how GIZ processes your personal data and (2) access to your personal data (Article 15 GDPR).
· You may have the right to receive a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so that you can further use it or forward it to other organizations (Article 20 GDPR).
· If you are of the opinion that your personal data stored by GIZ is incorrect or incomplete, you may request GIZ to rectify or complete such data (Article 16 GDPR).
· Under certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your data (Article 21 GDPR) and you may request GIZ to restrict its processing of your data (Article 18 GDPR) or erase your data (Article 17 GDPR).
· You may have the right to withdraw your consent, provided that the processing of the data is based on consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR). The lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the revocation.
There are some exceptions to these rights. For example, it is not possible to erase your data if GIZ has a legal obligation to retain it or if GIZ is unable to identify your personal data. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data by GIZ or would like to express any concerns in this respect, please do not hesitate to contact GIZ’s data protection officer using the e-mail address indicated in section 2 above.
If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data constitutes a breach of the GDPR or other applicable EU data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. The competent data protection authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
· postal address: Der Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit, Graurheindorfer Str. 153 – 53117 Bonn, Germany
· e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Automated decision making
Your personal data will not be used for automated decision making.