Privacy Notice – Arabia Felix Game app 8 – Paper Shelter
The games of the Arabia Felix serious game app series are provided by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (German Federal Enterprise for International Cooperation, “GIZ”). GIZ is the controller of your or your child’s personal data processed in connection with your or your child’s use of these games (“your personal data”).
As GIZ is established in Germany it is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). According to the latter, GIZ must make information about its processing of personal data available to the data subjects. This information is provided to you in this privacy notice.
1. How to contact GIZ
GIZ and GIZ’s data protection officer can be reached at the following e-mail addresses
· GIZ: email@example.com
· Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Categories of personal data processed
The following categories of personal data may be automatically processed about you or your child (together “you”) when you use the Paper Shelter (“App”):
a. Your IP address, device ID, user ID and app version required for enabling a multiplayer experience.
GIZ may process additional personal and anonymized data about you. This concerns:
b. The questionnaire responses you may choose to provide. A questionnaire is presented to you at the beginning and end of the game. It asks about your attitude toward issues of peaceful conflict resolution, education, and your environment as well as your gaming experience. It also asks about age, gender, district and city.
Responding to the questionnaire is not required for being able to use the App. We do not store any personal data. Personal data is anonymized and your questionnaire responses are only stored in statistical form; they cannot be reassigned to you.
c. The responses you may choose to provide to the in-game learning questions and the real-life challenges. In each level of the game you are asked learning questions and are asked a real-live challenge related to peaceful coexistence and critical thinking. Responding to these questions is not required for being able to use the App. We do not store any personal data. Personal data is anonymized and your responses are only stored in statistical form; they cannot be reassigned to you.
d. Your indication if you are younger than 16 years or not.
3. Purposes and legal basis of the processing of your personal data
· The processing of the personal data indicated in section 2.a. serves to provide you with the gaming experience. If you are an adult, the legal basis for this is the performance of GIZ’s contract with you, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. If you are a minor, the legal basis for this is your (parental) consent, Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
· The processing of the anonymized data indicated in sections 2.b. and c., the processing serves to assess the effects of the App on promoting peaceful conflict resolution.
· The processing of the personal data indicated in section 2.d. serves to determine whether parental consent is required to provide the gaming experience. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR (pre-contractual measure).
4. Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be shared with service providers responsible for maintaining the App, a data hosting provider and a software-as-a-service provider enabling the multiplayer experience.
5. Data retention period
Where personal data has been stored about you, it is deleted as soon as it is not needed anymore for the purposes set out above.
6. Data transfers to a third country or an international organization
Your personal data is stored on secure servers in the EU. It will not be transferred to a non-EU country or an international organization.
7. Data protection rights
You have the following rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
· You may at any time request (1) confirmation if and how GIZ processes your personal data and (2) access to your personal data (Article 15 GDPR).
· You may have the right to receive a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so that you can further use it or forward it to other organizations (Article 20 GDPR).
· If you are of the opinion that your personal data stored by GIZ is incorrect or incomplete, you may request GIZ to rectify or complete such data (Article 16 GDPR).
· Under certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your data (Article 21 GDPR) and you may request GIZ to restrict its processing of your data (Article 18 GDPR) or erase your data (Article 17 GDPR).
There are some exceptions to these rights. For example, it is not possible to erase your data if GIZ has a legal obligation to retain it or if GIZ is unable to identify your personal data. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data by GIZ or would like to express any concerns in this respect, please do not hesitate to contact GIZ’s data protection officer using the e-mail address indicated in section 2 above.
If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data constitutes a breach of the GDPR or other applicable EU data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. The competent data protection authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
· postal address: Der Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit, Graurheindorfer Str. 153 – 53117 Bonn, Germany
· e-mail address: email@example.com
8. Automated decision making
Your personal data will not be used for automated decision making.